Wednesday 21 April 2010

Wednesday.......it was still fun!

I was tempted back to Tibenham today with the promise of a booming day.


I arrived late for a 500klm [and that is another story] but declared tib-sy1-rat-mad-tib.

A bit cross wind but I thought that there might be stepping stones across the streets as it proved.

What was a surpise was the low base at Tibenham, the amount of cloud and the air of depression of those on the ground at 11:30

I launched and yep there air was miserable until passed Marham. By Sleaford the air was buzzing nicely but the late slow start had doomed me.

The run from Syerston, where it was turning blue, down to Rattleston was stuff that dreams were made of, with the occasional 5 knots. However I did not push the flight knowing that I would turn Rattleston and go back to Tibenham. I arrived happy but very cold [6000 was best heigth and very very cold].

Not the day of days advertised, not the 500 klm I had planned but a fun flight again of 340klm at 80kph.


Peter Stafford Allen