Wednesday 16 June 2010

Tuesday and Wednesday, grab it while you can!

I knew Tuesday 15th June was going to be good but Wednesday looked better so went to Tibenham on Wednesday since the Ventus is still there, Marham being a building site at present.


The members said Tuesday was mega but Wednesday was not.....lots of little flat cu at about 3K all day with streeting, 12knots of wind and a constant worry that the day would go blue and one mistake with an invisible street would see me in a field. However I had three hours of local soaring in wonderful sunshine with the rest of the world at work.

The lesson never learnt is grab the good days when you can since tomorrow often does not come as expected [or forecast].

I also learnt this week why the "bent tube total energy compensator" is called the "bent tube" and not just the "tube".

It needs to be bent into the airflow by about 25 degrees. I returned my tube today to the correct shape [having wrecked it last year] after researching the subject.

It now compensates really rather well and was working really rather badly.

Now I need to work on my flying if I am ever to get the better of a certain ASW15



Peter Stafford Allen