Saturday 23 August 2008

Why does work get in the way????

Well its seem as though I have missed a great day today!!! I have been dieing to call some one to find out what every one has done but I havn't in fear of upsetting myself with what I might have missed.

Firstly I want to say sorry to Ian for being pushed in front of him on the launch today, it was a good job I did as I only just made it to work with about a full minute to spare!!!!!
I was so tempted to take another day of Like last Friday but I guess I might not have had a job to go to if I did

I'm sure that most of you would have got away OK today, because when I got launched I found it very easy to hop over to Watton where I was invited today. I skipped a few quite strong thermals but still got myself to base at only 2200ft at Tib going up to 2500 at Watton (20 Min's later around 72kph I think ish). When I got over Watton I was surprised only to see them going up round and down, with very little thermalling!!!!!! Strange bunch!! They said they were being launched into a big blue sinking hole at 4knts down. I personally found it hard to fly DOWN through the lift to land. Still once I got on the ground I was met with a very warm welcome from all there and was amazed at the kit that they have.

Unfortunately they didn't have any Blue links so I couldn't winch out I had to call an aerotow retrieve to which I left the tug at 2000 around the perimeter of Watton airfield . This was nearly a mistake to release so early but flying at min sink and one small 300ft climb just before Attleborough got me back over Tib boundry at 800ft (At last I'm getting used to the final glide thing!!!)

I wish to thank Watton for their hospitality and I hope Ian had enough time and got round his 500K today.

I also hope that there were some good distances done by all , I cant wait to hear.