Saturday 20 September 2008

A Bimble Around.

I started off in 'LY' intending to try for TIB-NWI-RAT-TIB 111km flat triangle releasing from tow just South of TIB, but as I ventured North it soon turned into a bimble around the local area following the weather. I wandered North to Heathersett and tuned into Norwich LARS 119.35 to keep an ear out for traffic, then turned right to Norwich TP (NWI). Heading South towards Rattlesden I was doing OK as I passed TIB but as I reached the disused airfield at Sherpherds Grove the weather further South looked decidedly uninviting so I turned North again and wandered up to Snetterton. I was now in contact with Old Buck DZ and was careful to remain well clear. I then pushed onwards to Shipdham Airfield. At this point the thermals were starting to collapse so I called Old Buckenham drop zone again on 124.40 for clearence to final glide through their overhead for TIB. Fortunately they had finished dropping for the day and they cleared me through making the glide home easy. I arrived overhead TIB at 1500ft. A pleasant wander round adding up to about 120km flown.
.
Ian.