Sunday 24 August 2008

Saturday, 23 August 2008

Well, after several weeks being grounded following my knee operation, I am now finally current again! I decided to fly with Tim Davies to check that my legs still worked in the correct sense and that I had not forgotten how to fly ... !

We were in the K13 and after a few reminder bleets from the rear seat, I finally remembered to keep the wing banked even when on the sink side of the thermal ... so he could then relax a little more, poor chap!

Anyway, to my amazement even though the conditions today were not exactly brilliant, we managed to fly the old bird to Snetterton and back, although Tim got a little carried away when prompting me to follow Mark Wright in his ASW-27 as he zoomed past us into the distance!

We managed 57 minutes in an unexpected and very enjoyable flight, which encouraged me again to return to the great enthusiasm of cross country flying. We still have September, so I will make ever effort to make the best of any flying days, but next year I will definitely give all the guys a run for their money as I have some catching up to do!

Jenny Novak